The Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure may be suitable if:
- You have a BMI of at least 35 (click here to check your BMI)
- you have not been able to control your weight despite several genuine attempts at diet and exercise
- Your weight problem is not caused by an underlying endocrinological disorder or medication
- You are at least 16 years of age (note there is no upper age limit)
- you are prepared to participate in long term medical follow-up
If you also have type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, or other obesity related medical disorders, or have a family history of these problems, weight loss surgery may be especially beneficial in improving your health and longevity.
The Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure may not be possible if you have had some types of surgery on your stomach organ in the past. Examples of surgery that may make it impossible to have a Sleeve include anti-reflux or hiatus hernia surgery, and removal of part of your stomach to treat cancer or an ulcer. Please check with us if you have a history of any procedures on your stomach organ.