One fixed price for Weight Loss Surgery
At OClinic we pride ourselves on being completely upfront and transparent about how much the cost of your treatment will be. We understand how confusing working out the costs of medical treatment can be, and how unsettling it can be to discover additional unexpected fees after you’ve had your surgery. Our fixed price treatment plan covers everything you need to get your weight off, with no hidden extras.
Our program is priced from $6950 and depends on 2 things; Whether you hold top cover Private Health Insurance or have previously had a weight loss procedure (see below for details).
You can also use your Superannuation (for either part or all of the cost), and/or use medical finance from as little as $40 per week.
Call us on for more information.
With Private Health Insurance
For patients who have held Gold-level Health Insurance for a minimum of 12 months, and are having Bariatric surgery for the first time, the total cost of our program including all of your pre and post-operative care, surgery, and ongoing follow-up for 2 years is $6950. You may also need to pay a health fund excess directly to the hospital. (note that a minimum of 12 months at Gold level is needed in order to be covered, as all health funds consider obesity and related medical issues to be ‘pre-existing’)
Without Private Health Insurance
If you do not have health insurance, the cost of our program is $16,990. Your surgery will be performed by Dr Taylor and includes hospital costs (based on a one night stay) at the Sydney Mater Private Hospital, with exactly the same high quality multi-disciplinary support and aftercare.
Revisional Surgery & SADI
If you have already had weight loss surgery, for example a gastric band or a sleeve, and require further Revisional Surgery, the cost is slightly higher due to the complex and specialised nature of the procedure, longer operative time, and greater expertise needed.
The same is true for one of our more highly specialised types of bypasses called the SADI.
Our Revisional bariatric program costs $8950 with Gold-level health insurance, or $18,990 without insurance, and includes all the same quality support and aftercare.
All OClinic patients, regardless of insurance status, enjoy our all-inclusive program, the most comprehensive in Australia, which includes the following:
- Flexible consultation format- you choose how you want our consultations- via telehealth or in person. Achieve the weight, lifestyle and health results you desire and deserve, with the convenience of support being delivered to you no matter where you live in Australia.
- Appointments with dietitian nutritionists every 3 months for 2 years (9 visits) to guide you properly through the diet phases pre and post-surgery, monitor your progress, troubleshoot common dietary issues, and tailor a nutritional plan to suit your personal needs and circumstances.
- Unlimited medical check-ups with our experienced bariatric physicians for 2 years to review your weight loss progress, check blood test results, and troubleshoot any issues such as reflux, swallowing issues, abdominal pain, constipation, etc.
- Regular full blood tests every 3 months to ensure all your nutritional parameters remain healthy and monitor the improvement in your health.
- Fortnightly live webinars from our partners at FreshStart to help break old habits, reshape your relationship with food and help you change behaviours that might otherwise be holding you back.
- Full access to the password-protected FreshStart online lifestyle support program.
- Appointment reminders, helpful tips, and advice to keep you on track from our own in-house OClinic digital lifestyle program, delivered to you at the appropriate stage of your journey.
- Access to your surgeon Dr Craig Taylor at any time without further charge during the first 2 years should problems arise.
- 24/7 support for emergencies with Dr Taylor and his team at our public hospital at no further charge.
- In the unlikely event that corrective surgery is required in the first 2 years this is also covered.
To double check whether you are covered by your health insurer, here are the common weight loss surgery procedure item codes:
- 31569 Gastric Banding
- 31572 Roux-Y Bypass
- 31575 Gastric Sleeve
- 31581 Mini Gastric bypass & SADI
- 31584 Revisional surgery
The Fine Print
You must have held gold-level private health insurance for at least 12 months in order for your health fund to subsidise the cost of bariatric surgery and may be required to pay a separate Private Health Fund excess directly to the hospital in addition to our fees.
The SADI bypass is priced at $8950 (both primary and as a revision) due to the greater complexity of this procedure and longer operative time.
Medical tests and investigations: Your regular blood tests are bulk billed, however medical tests that are not part of our standard pathway such as histopathology, CT scans, Barium swallow, Ultrasounds, etc may attract an out of pocket fee to the provider. Likewise, referrals to other medical specialists, Iron and vitamin infusions, supplements, and one-on-one psychology consultations may incur additional fees payable to those providers. Such tests and referrals are only used if clinically necessary; most patients do not need them.
Superannuation for surgery
Accessing Super to pay for your weight loss surgery is quite straight forward. You need a written quotation and letters from two medical practitioners. We will provide you with this.
You may also be able to use a spouse or other family members Super to pay for your surgery if you do not have sufficient Super balance yourself. You are also allowed to access your super even if you have private health insurance. You may even access additional funds from your super to cover the reasonable cost of any travel and accommodation related to your procedure. Just ask us for further details.
The application for early super release is processed by the ATO. All you need to do is complete an application form via MyGov and include the medical documents we will provide you in support of your application. An easier alternative is for SuperCare to help you with the application (fees apply).
The processing time by the ATO generally takes around 2 weeks and you will be notified of the approval (allow 4-6 weeks for your released funds to appear in your bank account)
For more details on how to access Super to fund your weight loss procedure, phone us on . And we will be happy to answer your questions and get things started.
Medical Finance- TLC
Medical finance is readily available through our partners at TLC finance. If you require a medical loan to improve your health with bariatric surgery, TLC can help you with flexible loan solutions. With loans from $2,001 to $50,000 you might be surprised how affordable weekly repayments are- for example, a loan of $16,990 to cover uninsured bariatric surgery may cost as little as $110 per week. And approvals are usually granted within 24hrs. Call TLC on 1300 045 047 for more information, or phone us for details.